I am always intrigued by wedding facts. The industry is a multi-million dollar business, so knowing who is making decisions and what is important is valuable for me to know if I want to stay ahead of the curve.
Here are some facts that I find very interesting:
1. 101, 791 --number of roses in the world's largest bouquet.
2. 62% of U.S. weddings that include a flower girl
3. $202,000 ---cost of the world's most expensive orchid
4. It takes a little over 10,000 rose petals to make a flower aisle runner.
5. The average wedding in the U.S. costs over $28,800!
6. In 2008, couples are expected to spend less on reception entertainment, car rentals and the groom's ring and more on gifts for each other, ceremony decorations and groom accessories.
7. About 500,000 trees every year are used to support weddings in the United States.
8. Some wedding dresses are made out of hemp or bamboo fabric to support a "green earth."
9. Approximately 1.8 million weddings will use the Internet to buy at least one service for their wedding. That translates into roughly 81% of all wedding couples.
10. There is over $57,000,000,000 that is spent on weddings in the U. S. every year.
Kind of makes you wonder about what we are spending our money on and are we really getting the best bang for the buck, especially with the divorce rate over 50%!