Monday

Simple Courtesies

I hear this from brides and their families a lot more than I should, “Our ________________ vendor (you can fill in the blank with a certain vendor or service that you know) is so rude to us, but we don’t know what to do about it.”
My advice is always the same, just say NO! Fire them like you would a bad employee stealing money from you.
There is so much competition out there, why would you put up with lousy service from someone who obviously doesn’t want or need your business that bad to give you the common courtesy of niceness?

Many vendors need to take a refresher course in how to be nice---a very simple trait that we all should practice but seem to have left by the wayside. The competition in the wedding business is stiff. Why would you want to risk your business reputation on a rude behavior? Would someone tell me why, because my brain doesn’t process why you would want to upset your clients? They have mouths and friends. Need I say more?

If we all started to treat each other like we would like to be treated ourselves, people would soon realize that their behavior is not only hurtful, but down right nasty. I have no problem helping my clients avoid the unsavory vendors. If a vendor has been unduly rude to me, that it is usually a good indication of how you will treat my clients. So why would I recommend you?

Simple courtesies, a smile and an encouraging word go a long way towards the success of all of us.

No comments: