Sunday

Bridal vendors gone wrong

I feel that part of my responsibility as a good wedding planner is to steer my clients towards good, solid vendors that are going to work well with the couple's style, personality and budget.
I also feel that it is my responsibility to alert my clients to unfair and bad vendor practices. One such company is a bridal boutique south of the Metro.
I won't name names here (believe me I would really like to and if you would like to know the name of the boutique, just email me), but this business is so dirty and wrong in their approach to brides, that it rankles me to think of their practices.

They actually told one of my brides to only pay in cash for everything! The only reason I can think of a business asking you to pay in cash is so that they do not have to report their earnings to the IRS. Doesn't that sound like something out of the trunk of a car in a back alley?

Not only did they ask for cash only, but they had the nerve to ask my client to wait out in the car when she went to pick up her dress, because they didn't want her alerting the other customers in the shop. Why would she alert them? Because they treated her like dirt when she asked them for help. They knew that she would say something in the shop about their behavior and they didn't want to risk her ire in the store with another customer. They even had the audacity to refer to her medical condition--a sore back. Now I don't know about you, but I smell a discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen.

These women are slovenly, crass, crude, and rude. Their store is physically dirty and should they ever get up from their chairs to greet a bride with a smile would cause Heaven to ice over. If I sound upset it is because I am. Yet brides still continue to patronize this store. Why? The only thing I can think of is because some customers either don't know that there is better and care, or they are undercutting the competition and then hitting hard with alterations (remember that the brides have to pay in cash!)

Either way, brides, please don't buy from a vendor that does not treat you with the utmost respect. They should want your business, not try to shoo you away.
If the vendor doesn't greet you with a smile and a caring spirit, find another who will. The competition is great; you don't have to settle for less than the best!

No comments: