Here are some fun kissing facts (and you thought I was a fuddy duddy!):
1. The average person will spend an estimated 20,160 minutes kissing in their lifetime.
2. You burn 26 calories in a one minute kiss.
3. Some theorize that when you kiss a person with the same hair color as yourself, the result is a more passionate kiss.
4. The science of kissing is called philematology.
5. Kissing releases the same neurotransmitters (chemical messengers in the brain) as those that are released when you engage in intense exercise such as running a marathon or skydiving. This causes your heart to beat faster and your breathing to become deep and irregular.
6. There are many strange laws regarding kissing that are still on the books. In Indiana, it is illegal for a man with a moustache to "habitually kiss human beings". And in Hartford, CT, it is illegal for a man to kiss his wife on a Sunday.
7. On Valentine's Day 2004, an Italian couple made their way into the record books with a 31-hour 18-minute Valentine kiss. The couple beat the previous record by 18 minutes and 33 seconds, however, the man had to receive oxygen afterwards.
8. Kissing helps reduce tooth decay because the extra saliva helps clean out your mouth.
Now you have no excuse for no romance in your life---it is medically good for you!