Tuesday

Bridal Registry Information

I was talking to an invitation/wedding stationary expert a couple of days ago when she mentioned that there is a surge of brides placing their bridal registry information on their invitations.

I should be shocked but I am not. I am, however, disgusted. It makes my heart and stomach sick to think that brides and grooms think that this is acceptable behavior. Do you realize what you are doing? You are ASKING for gifts--pleading for your wedding guests to buy you a present--demanding that they not show up at your reception without a package or card for you!

You can sugar coat it all you want, bu the fact remains, NO bridal registry information should EVER be placed on or around the wedding invitation.
"But this makes it convenient for my guests to find out where I am registered!"

I repeat: NO bridal registry information should EVER be placed on or around the wedding invitation. It shouldn't be on the invitation itself, on an attached card, with the maps or directions, or the response card, or anywhere in that mailed invitation!!!!!

If you want to get the word out about where you are registered, that is what the rumor mill is for, web sites, friends and family. If you must share this good news, then please do so on a web site that you have created for just the two of you. This web site address can go in the mailed invitation on a secondary piece of paper, but even that is pushing it.

No comments: