Friday

Popularity Contest

Most people who teach etiquette or any type of social classes are not extremely popular people. We don't try to be. What we do however is try to be the best that we can be at what we do. I know that my comments won't appeal to everyone and that is okay. First of all, they are my opinions and I am only one person. Secondly, when I am asked for my opinions or thoughts, I am asked to give off year's experience and observations. I have to be responsible for many personalities, emotions, and people at events. If something doesn't go right, they look to me for answers and fix-it solutions. Therefore, my thoughts are for the majority of people reaching them wherever they are in their station of life. I am not hired to be popular---just good at what I do.
Life is tough. It will pull at a married couple every chance it gets. Work, home, family, friends, co-workers, each other and not to mention just the world in which we live in. To surround yourselves at a wedding with people that you don't even know makes no sense at all. Wouldn't you want to be surrounded at your wedding with people who are going to be there for you through the rough and the tough as well as the good? Don't you want to look into the faces of those present and know that they are there because they love and support you, instead of being there for the free food and drink or social-outcast obligations?
A wedding is a start of the rest of your lives together. Once you are pronounced man and wife, life sees you as a single unit--one couple-one household-two lives working into one, binding and complete. Maybe if we took our wedding events a little more seriously and less focus on the "party atmosphere," we would have more lasting relationships and a tighter community of support.
Just my thoughts.

No comments: