Tuesday

DIY | Rose Cake

There are some pictures floating around in Wedding Blog Land that I had to share with you.  If you have seen these, then I apologize for being redunant, but if you haven't then I am glad that I am showing them here because they deserve recognition.


In a word - Beautiful!  I love that these cakes are simple and would compliment most wedding styles, but the fact that they are as beautiful as they are simple, makes them all that much more appealing.   Now, I would not really advocate that a bride take on 25 cakes for her wedding, since you would need to make these the week of the wedding date, but I am sure that these would be simple for even the novice baker to try, so enlist your friends and family for a fun "cake-decorating night."  (Please don't send me hate mail!)


I am seeing these on every guest table surround by silver leaves for the modern bride, muti-colored flowers and greenery for the vintage bride and beautiful pink opened roses or peonies for the romantic bride who is looking for full-on glamour.
The entire tutorial can be seen on Project Wedding.  The photos and tutorial are by i am baker.  They even have colored these cakes which are just as stunning.

If the roses don't turn out just exactly as you hoped for, scrape them off and try again. The point is not to be perfect as the very design lends itself to be very forgiving, but to have fun and let your creative spirit shine through to your guests.  

Need more reading?
            Real Weddings                                          Daily Loves




No comments: